Privacy Notice to NYPIUA Policyholders
Regulation 169 (11 NYCRR 420 ) entitled "Privacy of Consumer Financial and Health Information" was promulgated by the New York State Insurance Department to regulate how insurers share personal financial information and health records with other companies.
New York Property Insurance Underwriting Association ("NYPIUA") is committed to protecting the confidentiality of non-public personal financial information which you provide to us or which we gather about you. We will inform you of our policies about collecting, using, securing and sharing non-public personal financial information ("customer information") when you first become a NYPIUA policyholder and every year that you remain a NYPIUA customer.
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not provide customer information to organizations or persons who are doing business on our behalf for their own marketing purposes.
- We require any person or organization providing products or services to our customers on our behalf to protect the confidentiality of NYPIUA customer information.
- We afford prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
Information We May Collect
We collect information which we believe is necessary to administer our business, to advise you about our products and services and to provide you with customer service. We collect nonpublic personal financial information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
How We Use This Information
We use this information to evaluate your application for coverage, to underwrite your policies, to process your claims, to ensure proper billing and to service your insurance relationship with NYPIUA.
How We Protect This Information
NYPIUA treats your customer information in a confidential manner. NYPIUA has provided physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect customer information. We restrict access to your private information to only the employees of NYPIUA and others who need to know the information to provide our insurance services to you. Our employees are required to protect the confidentiality of your customer information.
How We Share This Information
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal financial information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
We reserve the right to disclose customer information to persons or organizations as permitted or required by law or regulation.