To apply for insurance coverage, an Application for Insurance must be completed and submitted. All applications must be accompanied by a deposit, which is defined for each product.
How do I submit my application?
To apply for your policy online, please have the following information available:
- your selected coverages
- credit card or bank & routing information to pay for your application deposit
- insured information and any additional interests
Note: You will not be able to save the application and return to it at a later time, so please have all information available. To see information required to submit an application, you can download a printed application (see download a Dwelling Fire or Commercial Property application in Mail, Email, Fax)
Mail, Email, Fax
- mail to 155 Myers Corners Road Wappingers Falls, NY
- email to email@example.com
- fax to (845) 218-3199
To get a Dwelling Fire quick quote:
Note: A quick quote is a premium indication and is not a guarantee or does not guarantee an offer of coverage. All business is subject to full underwriting review and a home inspection.
To learn more about NYPIUA's products, please refer to NYPIUA Product Information.
How is the effective date for my application determined?
The policy effective date will be processed as the following based on the receipt of a completed application:
- 12:01 AM standard time, on the day after receipt (mail, fax, email), unless a later date is specified, not to exceed 60 days.
- 12:01 AM standard time, on the day after receipt of an electronic application submitted by web.
- 12:01 AM standard time, 17 days after receipt on vacant or unoccupied buildings.
- 12:01 AM standard time, 17 days after receipt on risks previously canceled by NYPIUA.
- 12:01 AM standard time, the day after certified mail or express mail date.
What is the processing time frame for application?
Applications are generally processed within 3-5 business days if all information required has been provided and deposit is received.
My property has two separate buildings with the same address. Will I need two separate applications?
For Dwelling Fire: If you have 2 or more dwellings located at the same address (ex, front and rear), you MUST submit separate applications for each building. If you are insuring a main building and an appurtenant structure such as a shed or garage, only one application is necessary. Note that Coverage for an appurtenant structure is automatically included at 10% of Dwelling Coverage limit if insuring for basic perils (DP 01). Any payment under this coverage reduces the amount of Dwelling Coverage available for the same loss. Coverage for an appurtenant structure is automatically included at 10% of Dwelling Coverage limit if insuring for broad form perils (DP 02). Any payment under this coverage is in addition to the amount of Dwelling Coverage available for the same loss. If you need more than the automatic 10% limit, you can add them as optional Structure Rented to Others or Structure Not Rented to Others.
For Commercial Property: If you are applying to insure a commercial property with multiple locations or buildings, you may complete one application and attach supplemental applications as needed. Be sure to add descriptions for each location or building to help identify the structure(s).
How much deposit is required when applying?
New business application submissions will be rejected if not accompanied by the deposit.
For Dwelling Fire policies:
If submitting your application by mail:
- Household Furnishings/Personal Property: $50
- 1 to 4 Family Dwelling: $ 75 for each $50,000 of coverage or fraction thereof.
No additional deposit is required if Extended Coverage, Vandalism & Malicious Mischief, Additional Living Expense, or Rental Value are requested.
For any other submission method, the deposit is based on the selected pay plan (20-30% of policy premium).
For Commercial Property policies:
Determine the deposit premium as per the following schedule:
- Commercial Buildings ......$150.00 for each $50,000 of coverage or any fraction thereof.
- Commercial Contents ......$150.00 for each $50,000 of coverage or any fraction thereof.
No additional deposit is required if Basic Group II is requested.
If an application is declined, all deposits will be returned to you.
What do I need to submit with my application for a policy if my home is currently vacant and/or undergoing renovation?
A supplement is required with an application if the building is currently vacant and/or undergoing renovation. For more details, or to download the supplement, please refer to Application Supplement for Vacant, Partially Vacant & Buildings under Repair/Reconstruction (NY AL 00 29).
How long is the policy term?
All NYPIUA policies are issued for 1 year.